Ron’s book, The Gift of Dyslexia, published in 1994, became an international best-seller. He continued to develop ways of helping other creative thinkers, people with:
- AD(H)D (attention difficulties)
- Dyscalculia (maths challenges)
- Dyspraxia (difficulties coordinating movement)
- Dysgraphia (challenges with handwriting)
His work helped thousands of people to overcome their difficulties and recognize their gifts.
The methods Ron Davis created are taught in over 40 countries around the world and have helped thousands of children and adults transform their lives.
Ron’s describes his own experiences in the inspiring autobiographical essay Red Dirt and Water.
How does the Davis method work?
Davis programmes are designed to address the needs and goals of each individual client. All the programmes share some key elements:
- Davis Orientation Counselling – tools to help focus and perceiving information correctly.
- Balance and catching exercises – helping mental focus.
- Skills to reduce stress and manage energy effectively.
- Davis Symbol Mastery – tools to help people master letters and words through creating three-dimensional clay models.
Davis® Facilitators use their wide range of tools and strategies to support their clients’ needs and goals. We can tailor programmes to include handwriting and/or coordination.
The effectiveness of the Davis method
There is a growing body of research into the effectiveness of the Davis method. Find out about the science here.