Improve reading, writing and spelling
This programme gives a person ways to process letters, words and information correctly. This programme is available from age 8 and it is tailored to the individual’s age group (child, teenager or adult). It helps with building strong word recognition and comprehension skills, in a way that suits the dyslexic learning style.
The programme involves learning how to use tools to:
- Focus, notice when focus is lost and then regain it.
- Release stress and tension, to remove these blocks to learning.
- Regulate energy levels to suit the task in hand.
- Master the alphabet, using clay to find out which letters cause confusion and then practising exercises that remove that confusion.
- Master words using reading exercises.
As part of the programme, the Davis Facilitator also trains a support person (for instance, a dyslexic child’s parent) to carry out important follow-up work. This work includes helping the dyslexic person to master more words, do reading exercises and continue using the Davis tools. In this way, you can ensure that the techniques mastered during the programme continue to benefit you in the future.
The Davis Dyslexia Programme gives people with dyslexia skills for life. It decreases challenges that are in the way of learning. The follow-up work after the programme continues this process.
Dyslexia is challenging in many ways. There is no fast ‘miracle’ method that can change the difficult challenges – but there are many steps that can be taken to overcome problems and simultaneously unfold the many talents that come with dyslexia.
Identifying dyslexia symptoms
Contact me to find out more and tell me about your experiences.